Mt. Ijen Discovery
Tour package includes:
- All ground Transportation
- Hotel accommodation
- Tour Guide
The Ijen volcano, known to locals as Kawah Ijen; is located west of the Gunung Merapi (“Mountain of fire”) in central Java. Known for its one-kilometer-wide acidic crater lake and the sulfur mining operation around it, Ijen and its sulfur mining was featured in the 1991 film “Ring of Fire” and BBC’s documentary “Human Planet”. The lake is the largest highly acidic crater lake in the world as well as the source of the river Banyupahit, resulting in highly acidic and metal-entriched river water. The pH of the water was measured to be 0.5 due to sulfuric acid in 2008.
The Ijen’s electric-blue flame attracts visitors from all around the world for a midnight hike just to see the famous blue flame, which can only be seen in Ijen and a volcano in Iceland. It takes approximately two hours to reach the rim of the crater, and another 45 minutes downhill journey to the bank of the crater. The blue flame emerges from the cracks and can be up to 5 meters (16 feet); it is the largest blue flame in the world.
The unique experience of hiking underneath the star filled night sky and getting up close to the blue flame, followed by stunning sunrise will make this trip a unique, once in a life time experience.
ItineraryDay 01 Depart Bali by ferry from the Gilimanuk harbor in eastern Bali. A 45 minutes journey on the ferry will lead you to East Java, where a city tour of the small town of Banyuwangi and lunch await. After lunch, a Becak (pedi-cab) tour is scheduled, taking you to see the traditional market and Chinese temple in the city.
After some light sight-seeing around town, you'll be able to settle in at the local hotel and relax for the rest of the day as well as get as much rest as possible for a early day the next day. Dinner will be served at the hotel with no activity scheduled in the evening.
Day 02 After enjoying breakfast at the hotel, a Jeep will pick you up at the hotel and cruise through the plantation and rain forest, one of the few left on the Java; to get to Mount Ijen. There will be a quick stop at the Park Ranger post during the hike. It takes approximately 1.5 hour to reach the rim of the crater, the star filled sky along the hike makes the view even more stunning. The sulfuric lake reflects eerie colors on the surrounding walls, creating a unique atmosphere.
You'll be back to your local hotel by lunch time, after a nice break and lunch, you'll be brought back to the Ketapang Harbor to take a ferry back to Bali. You'll be back in Bali early in the evening.
*The above itinerary and schedule may be changed according to weather and road conditions.
*The package pricing includes all transportation within the tour, hotel stays (if applicable) and a tour guide, package does not include any dining/meal and relevant fees or entry fees to any tourist destination. If dining arrangement is mentioned in itinerary, please keep in mind that the expenses are excluded in package prices.
* All transportation arrangements are shared transportation, to arrange private transportation, please contact us for further assistance.
*Our tour guide and drivers work hard to ensure you have a great experience, please be reminded that tips for them are not included in package price.
|Lunch per serve||Rp100,000||$6|
|Insurance (per person)||Rp250,000||$14.73|
|Total Cost ：|
|Taxes and Service Fee (10%) :|
|Total Price :|
Meeting PointDay 1: Your hotel
|Rate||Rp 5,019,609||$ 368.75||¥ 2,345.61|
*The hotel price is for 2 people standard and there is an extra bed that is cost half price of the hotel. The tour will be charged per-adult and per-children accordingly.*Child discount pertains to children 12 years of age and younger
*Prices in US Dollar and Reminbi are subject to change without notice as the exchange rates fluctuate.
*The package includes all transportation within the tour, hotel stays (if applicable) and a tour guide, package does not include any dining/meal and relevant fees or entry fees to any tourist destination.
*By booking a tour package with us, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions
* Pricing in US dollar and the RMB are subject to currency exchange rate fluctuation
Please contact us for private tour pricing.
If you had a preferred hotel, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com, if not, we will select a 4-5 star hotel for you from the following list:
*Please note that our standard arrangement is two adults for one hotel room, additional bed can be arranged with extra charge.
- The itinerary and travel schedule stated in this page is for reference only, appropriate and reasonable adjustment may be made based on the actual traveling and/or weather condition.
- Please be mindful of local laws and regulations, as well as your personal safety.
- The pricing may vary based on the total number of people in the tour. You may request minor changes in destinations.
- In accordance with the provisions of the existing tourism operations, the Company reserves the right to adjust the size of the tour and may adjust the number of people in each tour on a case by case basis.
- Please be mindful of your valuables, avoid placing or leaving your valuables in your luggage or hotel room. The Company and the traveling agency are not responsible for any personal belongings of the guest.
- Please get familiar with the emergency exist locations upon checking in a hotel, should any incident occur, please keep calm and use the emergency exits. Please use the lock buckle in your room for your safety, smoking is prohibited in the hotels.
- Please only use the hotel pool during the opening hour, the hotel and the traveling agency are not responsible for any incidents occur outside of opening hours.
- Please wear a life jacket when engaging in any water activities or on board of a ship, boat, canoe. Please ensure your personal health and conditions allow you to engage in water activities. People with pregnancy, heart disease, high blood pressure, along with seniors and small children; are not to engage in any water activities as well as other extreme sports activities. The traveling agency is not responsible for any incident during the activities involving personal health conditions.
- Please refrain yourself from all prohibited activities outside the tour such as taking photos of the wildlife, playing with wild animals. Please follow the trainer's instructions carefully to avoid incidents. In the unfortunate event of diarrhea, please inform the tour guide or group leader immediately and do not attempt to obtain any medication on your own.
- Local regulation, "Travel Law" stipulates the traveler cannot leave the tour. All unauthorized removal from the tour will face legal consequence.
- Please confirm your preference of bed size and number of people at the time of booking.
- The default class of all hotel rooms in the tour is the standard room. You may be refunded in the case of war, strikes, earthquakes and manpower shortage, etc. No refund will be issued for any breach in the agreement, airfare, cancellation of the tour due to personal reasons or visa problems. Hotel fees, car rentals and other expenses for the tour are non-refundable.
- The package includes all transportation within the tour, hotel accommodation, and tour guide. All dining and relevant fees, and entry fees to any tourist destination are excluded and have to be paid at the time of entry and/or dining.
(1) In accordance with the regulation, in case of changes in ticket prices for entries of destinations, the differences should be paid by the traveler.
Please read our complete terms and conditions here.